Come Home To a Well-Trained Puppy
Would you like to have your puppy trained for you, but can’t stand the thought of having him stay with us while he’s so young and adorable? No problem. We’ll come to you!
We’ll come to your home and train your puppy for you, even while you’re at work (we’re licensed, insured, and have references). Our trainers’ expertise allows to us teach your dog in 4-5 weeks what more traditional obedience classes cover in 3-4 months.
You will have to handle the house training and keeping your puppy out of trouble while he’s learning, but we can handle the obedience and manners training for you.
Come home to a puppy who:
- Sits and stays politely at the door until released whether you’re coming home from work, paying for pizza delivery, or bringing in groceries
- Sits politely to greet people without jumping, nipping or other obnoxious behavior
- No longer counter surfs or chews up anything but dog toys
- Walks politely by your side on leash without pulling
- Lays on his mat or dog bed while you eat dinner or have guests who don’t enjoy dogs
- Happily sits still for grooming and vet care
- Reliably responds to commands like sit, down, stay, come, and leave-it.
- We even do puppy socialization field trips.
- We can’t house train your puppy if he’s living with you, but we’ll give you a plan, a schedule, and train your puppy to ring a bell so that he can tell you when he needs to go out.
How does it work?
- We Get to Know You: We’ll come to your home to evaluate your dog’s behavior, determine your priorities, and design a custom training plan to meet your needs.
- Written Agreement: We’ll write up a training plan describing exactly what we will teach your dog.
- We Train Your Dog: We’ll come to your home just to work with your dog 3 days each week, even if you’re at work.
- We Train You: At the end of each week, we’ll do a 4th lesson just for you and your family to maintain what we taught your dog.
Puppy Day Training is Best for:
- Stay at home parents or people who work from home and can let their puppy out during the day while house training.
- Families with young children: Young children can be a real distraction for puppies in training and their toys can be a huge temptation. The best place to train a puppy who will live with young kids is in your home. Even our board and train clients with kids under 5 usually do a hybrid program to finish the training in their homes.
- Busy Professionals
Why is it so fast?
Day training works so quickly because both you and your dog get to learn with a partner who knows what she’s doing. Our owners, Mel and Jeff, decided to start offering day training after – of all things – taking a dance class. We found that when we tried to learn new steps, we often tripped over each other and could seldom figure out what went wrong. The instructors, however, could take either one of us and teach us to do the step perfectly in just a few seconds. Because the steps were second nature to the instructors and because they had taught hundreds of people to dance, they could stop our mistakes before we made them and make it all seem easy.
Dog training, like dancing, is a mechanical skill. When a novice owner and an untrained dog work together, they tend to confuse each other. In day training, your dog gets to learn from an expert trainer, who – like our dance instructors – can guide him past any mistake so that he learns very quickly. When it’s your turn to learn the exercises, you get the benefit of working with a dog who already knows what to do. It makes learning faster, easier, and more fun for both of you.