Your life is busy. Our life is dogs.
Do you travel for work or have a vacation planned? Does your schedule make it hard to set aside an hour to train every day? Have you tried to train your dog through classes or private lessons without making much progress?
Send your dog to learn to behave like a trainer’s dog. In our unique Total Immersion Dog Board and Train program, your dog lives with 2 professional dog trainers in our home like a member of our family.
We go way beyond obedience commands to train reliable manners that last in a realistic home environment. Traditional board and train programs do 1-2 hours of formal training in a classroom and then dogs go back to their kennels or daycare. We also do classroom work, but when other programs stop training, we’re just getting started.
Instead of going back to a kennel, our board and train dogs become part of our routine getting constant training and guidance 24/7 in a safe loving home environment. Our training sticks because the dogs are learning in a realistic environment.
The Training Tracks Difference
When others stop training, we’re just getting started. No other program prepares your dog for life in a busy home like ours.
- Training That Works in the Real World: Total Immersion means that our board and train dogs learn practical manners like door greetings, not begging at the table, and staying off the counters in a home like yours. They learn to walk politely in a residential neighborhood. They even learn not to chase our cats. The training sticks because they learn the exact skills they need at home.
- Customized Programs: Our programs go beyond obedience commands to create a well-rounded dog who’s a perfect fit for your lifestyle. We start all of our programs with a meet and greet to assess your dog, discuss your lifestyle, and then design a training plan that’s right for you.
- Family-Centered Training: We involve the whole family in maintaining your dog’s behavior. Traditional board and train programs focus on teaching your dog to follow formal commands from one handler. At Training Tracks, we train for your entire family. Kids as young as 7 can make excellent dog trainers, and we love teaching them.
- Intensive Support: We take as much pride in training our human clients as we take in training dogs. Training a dog isn’t an event. It’s a process. You need to consistently enforce your dog’s rules to maintain good behavior. We’ll do several follow-up lessons in your home to train your entire family to keep your puppy behaving well. We’re also available by phone, email, or video chat for any support that you need as your puppy transitions back into your home.
Your rowdy out of control dog will come home knowing how to:
- Sit and stay politely at the door until released whether you’re coming home from work, paying for pizza delivery, or bringing in groceries
- Sit politely to greet people without jumping, nipping or other obnoxious behavior
- Stay off the counter and only chew on dog toys
- Walk politely by your side on leash without pulling
- Lay on his matt or dog bed while you eat dinner or have guests who don’t enjoy dogs
- Happily sits still for grooming and vet care
- Reliably respond to commands like sit, down, stay, come, and leave-it.
How does it work?
- We Get to Know You: We’ll come to your home to evaluate your dog’s behavior, meet your family, and learn how you want your dog to fit into your lifestyle
- Written Agreement: We write up a detailed custom training agreement that describes exactly what to expect of the process and your dog’s behavior so that we all know what your dog will learn
- We Train Your Dog: Your dog comes to stay with us for the allotted time. We keep you updated on our progress with photos, videos, and training reports
- We Train You: We’ll bring your dog home and train your family on how to maintain your dog’s wonderful new behaviors. All of our packages include multiple in-home lessons for your family. They also include phone and email support and access to group refresher courses should you need them
Work Hard, Play Hard
We ask a lot from our board and train dogs, but they never seem to mind. We work hard to make them feel like one of the family. We have a 1/2 acre securely fenced back yard for the dogs to play in. We take regular outings to Hueston Woods, friends’ farms, and Uptown Oxford. If the weather’s bad, we do play groups at our training facility just down the street. There’s almost always someone here. It’s even pretty common for one of us to sleep in the guest bedroom with an anxious dog on their first night or two to help ease their transition.
Fill out the form below, and one of our owners will call to answer any questions and help you choose the right program for you and your dog.