Oxford Puppy Training, also known as Puppy HeadStart meets on Tuesday nights and is a flexible enrollment seven-week course (orientation plus 6 weeks).
Early puppy training is essential to a well-behaved adult dog. Puppies tend to grow into bad behavior, rather than out of it, so the earlier you begin training, the less time your puppy has to learn undesirable behaviors.
Puppy HeadStart will focus on helping your puppy learn skills that will help him grow into a well-balanced adult. In this class, we will:
- Address common puppy issues such as housetraining, destructive chewing, socialization, play biting, and jumping up
- Lay the foundation for obedience training by teaching your dog how to perform his most important job — to pay attention to you
- Begin some simple obedience by introducing sit, down, come, and leash manners
- Teach your puppy to accept basic handling such as grooming, nail trimming, and veterinary exams
- Discuss strategies for solving common behavior problems
- Have fun!!
Puppy HeadStart will also include off-leash puppy play, dog-human socialization, and socialization to different sounds, surfaces, objects, etc.
Tuesday Night Open Enrollment:
Orientation is required for this class. We offer orientation every two to three weeks (depending on the season) on Tuesday at 7:45 p.m. (although we occasionally offer orientation at 5 p.m.). Once you’ve attended orientation with your puppy, you will join the 6:30 p.m. group class for 5 sessions (orientation + 5 sessions = 6 weeks). Pre-registration required.
HOW IT WORKS: You will register for the orientation of your choice, and then we will enroll you in the 6:30 puppy class for the week following orientation. Once you are registered for orientation, we will send you directions, info on what to bring, and a link where you can pay online.
- Tuesday, March 28th, from 7:45 – 8:45pm Register Now!
- Tuesday, April 18th, from 7:45 – 8:45pm Register Now!
Missed the most recent orientation and want to get started sooner? Consider a Great Start package, which bundles one in-home private lesson plus the group class for a $20 savings ($235). Contact us for more details or to sign up for Great Start!
Prefer to register via email and have a link sent to you? Email us at the address below!
Questions? Please email us at: PuppyHeadStartOxford@TrainingTracks.com.