Come Home To a Well-Trained Dog
Our in-home day training program provides the fastest most convenient path available to a polite well-trained dog. We come to your home and train your dog for you, even while you’re at work (we’re licensed, insured, and have references). Our trainers’ expertise allows to us teach your dog in 3 weeks what more traditional obedience classes cover in 3 months.
Come home to a dog who:
- Sits and stays politely at the door until released whether you’re coming home from work, paying for pizza delivery, or bringing in groceries
- Sits politely to greet people without jumping, nipping or other obnoxious behavior
- No longer counter surfs or chews up anything but dog toys
- Walks politely by your side on leash without pulling
- Lays on his matt or dog bed while you eat dinner or have guests who don’t enjoy dogs
- Happily sits still for grooming and vet care
- Reliably responds to commands like sit, down, stay, come, and leave-it.
- Day training can also be ideal for addressing serious dog behavior problems like aggression, separation anxiety, and shyness.
How does it work?
We start with an initial in-home consultation to evaluate your dog’s behavior, determine your priorities, and design a custom training plan to meet your needs. We then come to your house a total of 4 times a week. Three of those lessons are to train your dog, but in the fourth lesson we teach you how to maintain the training we’ve done. Training periods vary depending on your dog’s personality and your training goals.
Why is it so fast?
Day training works so quickly because both you and your dog get to learn with a partner who knows what she’s doing. Our owners, Mel and Jeff, decided to start offering day training after – of all things – taking a dance class. We found that when we tried to learn new steps, we often tripped over each other and could seldom figure out what went wrong. The instructors, however, could take either one of us and teach us to do the step perfectly in just a few seconds. Because the steps were second nature to the instructors and because they had taught hundreds of people to dance, they could stop our mistakes before we made them and make it all seem easy.
Dog training, like dancing, is a mechanical skill. When a novice owner and an untrained dog work together, they tend to confuse each other. In day training, your dog gets to learn from an expert trainer, who – like our dance instructors – can guide him past any mistake so that he learns very quickly. When it’s your turn to learn the exercises, you get the benefit of working with a dog who already knows what to do. It makes learning faster, easier, and more fun for both of you.
Call today to schedule a preliminary consult. You’ll be amazed by how quickly we can transform your dog’s behavior – all while you’re at work.